At Blue Chip Moving & Storage we are always trying to make life easier for our customers. And in the moving business, a little bit of advice can go a long way. Listed below are some moving tips to prepare for what’s ahead. We have broken it down into stages of the move so you can apply the information accordingly. Moving is not as intimidating as one might think if you prepare yourself properly!
6-8 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Contact us at Blue Chip Moving & Storage for a free visual inspection of your home or office and receive a free quote as well
- Be sure to show us everything you are going to move so the quote is accurate; your quote will be based on what you disclose to us at the time
4-6 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Notify the Post Office you are moving and fill out a Change of Address form
- Prepare a list of family, friends, and business associates who need to notified as well
2-3 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Notify your agent if you have any changes in dates, volume of items being moved, or the destination
- Plan a going away party for your family, neighbors, and friends
- Tune-up your vehicle for the drive and ensure your tires and lights are all in working order
- Dispose of all flammables and half-used cans of oil, bleach, etc.
1-2 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Decide what to do with your house plants, garden, and other planted vegetation
- Host a garage sale
- Take pets to the veterinarian and arrange for their travel
Day Before Moving Day
- Make note of all fragile items and mark items which not be moved
- Place items you want packed together in separate groups
- Double check closets and cabinets
- Be ready to greet your move coordinator upon arrival –they will have your individual instructions waiting for you
- Lock all doors and windows
- Shutoff water, HVAC, lights, and double check all utilities are scheduled for disconnection
- Be on hand or authorize another adult to legally accept your items and pay your charges
- Examine your goods as they are unloaded – be sure to note if you notice any changes in the condition of your items
- Place a floor plan by the entrance of each room so the movers can place your furniture in the correct location
- Be sure to keep all official moving documents locked away or in a safe place
If you are a corporate customer and have already received a user name and password through our National Account Program, please click the Corporate Login button on the top right corner to track multiple shipments and view shipment details.
If you are a National Account client, then Click Here to track your shipment.
If you prefer do to some (or all) of the packing yourself there are definitely methods to increase your productivity and reduce the risk of damage. If you have ever watched a supermarket employee stack your groceries in a paper bag you understand the reasoning behind packing items correctly. Except in this case instead of a carton of eggs you are dealing with a dinette set or something more delicate and expensive!
Packing is certainly not a difficult task to accomplish if done correctly. Please review the following videos from our affiliate Mayflower Moving and plan ahead for success!
Mayflower Packing Videos
Please help and give us feedback on your experience with us here.
To track your shipment, you will need to enter your order number and last name. To find your order number, locate your Mayflower Transit bill of lading. (If you don’t have one, contact us.) Your order number appears in the top right hand corner.
If you are a Residential (C.O.D.) customer, then Click Here to track your shipment.